Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review 1

Subjecting your work to the scrutiny of others

Burton, Gideon. "Peer Review Monster". 01/01/2009 via flickr
I peer reviewed a college essay written by Ben Meyer titled "Project 1" as of now. Here is a copy of the rubric that I created for his essay. Reviewing this draft has told me a great amount about my own project. First off I came to the realization that I should be constantly working on and improved my draft in order to achieve the best grade possible. I also learned that I need to go as deep into my topic as possible to allow someone to be pulled into the story and leave with a full understanding of the background, stockholders, setting, and the controversy as a whole. Overall, the flow and organization of my draft I feel is working well because I am on topic and talk about every key event in order, as to not confuse the listener. Two mistakes that my peer made in their draft were not going into enough detail on their essay so I did not fully understand the controversy when reading the paper, which left me confused once I got to the end of the paper, and organization that confused me as a reader to where at times I was not quite sure what the paper was talking about and what the reason for each paragraph was as some were only four sentences in length. I need to avoid these errors in my podcast because rambling on can easily dissuade a listener from listening to my podcast at all. Finally, two smart choice my peer made in their draft that I would like to emulate in my project is the efficient use of sensory imagery within their paper and a strong hook at the beginning that really pulled the reader into the controversy. If I add both of these to my podcast, I feel that I will have a completed work that explains my controversy in a strong and efficient manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment