Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Variety

Variation

Cante, Pierre. "Coloree" 03/11/2015 via Flickr
1. How much variation is there in your sentence structures in the current draft? Can you spot any repetitive or redundant sentence patterns in your writing? Provide a cogent analysis of what the Rules for Writers reading tells you about your sentences.
     There is a great amount of variation in sentence structure throughout my current draft. I utilize a mix of short and brief sentences with complex sentences. My podcasts has simple, compound, complex, and one or two compound-complex sentences. Additionally, I attempt to invert sentence structure occasionally and try to mix the sentence structure as to not make the content monotonous as Rules for Writers states. I can spot many redundant patterns in my writing as well. These patterns are usually simple sentences and compound sentences one after the other, which may make the entire piece redundant and difficult to listen to.

2. What about paragraph structures, including transitions between different paragraphs (or, for video/audio projects, different sections of the project)?
     My paragraph structures is hard to judge due to my genre being a podcast. One thing that I need to improve in my draft is introductions between the different topics that I am writing about. By adding transitions into the podcast, it will be very much more enjoyable to listen to, leading to my audience being both interested and listening to the controversy all the way through.

3. What about vocabulary? Is there variety and flavor in your use of vocabulary? What are the main strengths and weaknesses of the draft's approach to vocabulary?
     I believe that the vocabulary within my podcast is very strong. I utilize descriptive words to create an image of the setting in the minds of the audience. Without a strong and varied vocabulary, there is no imagery, which is essential for a podcast. Due to the audience only being able to listen to a voice in a podcast, vocabulary makes up nearly all of the imagery and the story. One main weakness to the vocabulary may be the professionalism of it, a factor that could bore the audience and make them stray away.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment