Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assessment

Being Honest to Oneself

Unnamed. "Lifetime" 01/05/2010 via Flickr.

1. How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall.

     I am feeling confident about the project that I just submitted for assessment. Overall, I am proud with the genre that I chose, a podcast. It is not everyday that a person records, edits, and publishes a podcast. Many may underestimate the work that goes into a podcast when in reality, it requires a great effort and knowledge of technology. I am confident in the content within the podcast because the blogs made it easy to create the recordings as they became my step by step guide to recording the information for the podcast. I am also very satisfied that I met the conventions including the editing work that I put into it like animations and music.

2. What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.

     The major weaknesses of the project that I submitted is the topic matter. The topic can be very bland and difficult to listen to if you are not fully interested in the Greek financial crisis. Another major weakness of the podcast is my speaking skills, which are good, yet for a podcast, may be lacking. I consider these elements to be under-developed because I have never done anything involving editing and recording my voice together to make a full soundtrack to convey information. In all, the change of pace was difficult but I feel that I overcame the challenge adequately.

3. What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.

     The major strengths of the project I submitted are the organization and the professionalism of the podcast. I feel as if I was able to convey all the information and the stockholders in a non biased and efficient manner. Another major strength is the editing to the podcast. I was able to include intro and outro music with a quality microphone in order to make a professional podcast that can be taken seriously when listened to. Another major strength was the amount of research I put into the topic due to the blogs. which aided greatly in creating the podcast. 

4. What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails....

     Overall, I managed my time well enough to complete the blogs in an adequate manner and not having to short the content of my blog. I usually put 12-15 hours a week for all of the blog work that had to be done. I am more than confident that I put enough time and effort into the project because when done with each blog, i was satisfied with my work and proud for the time I put into it. I did not procrastinate where I ran out of time but I did procrastinate in terms of the week where I have sacrificed my entire weekend of the semester for the sake of my blogs. I believe if I work throughout the week then the workload will be easier and I can relax on my weekends rather then spend them working nonstop on blog work.

No comments:

Post a Comment