Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Discipline

How do professionals in my major communicate with each other and with different kids of audiences? 

Geralt. "Finance" 06/05/2008 via Pixabay.

1. Students in finance learn nearly everything about business. Finance is a subsection of economics and through financial classes. Finance majors learn every aspect about money and businesses as a whole and how money makes the world go round. 

2. People with a finance degree usually go on to work in nearly every field of business. Finance majors often have good chances of working in banking, retail, accounting, management, and consulting.

3. I was drawn to this field through my family as my mom works for Bank of America and my dad works for a large corporate insurance company. They showed me what the financial world was like and what a person with a finance degree can accomplish. 

4. Three leaders within the financial field are Warren Buffet, Janet Yellen, and Mario Draghi. These people are interesting to me because they are giant figures within the world of business. Warren Buffet is known as one of the smartest businessmen in the United States. Janet Yellen is the Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. and Mario Draghi is the President of the European Central Bank. 

5. Academic Journals:

Journal of Finance - Wiley.com


No comments:

Post a Comment