Sunday, January 31, 2016

Twitter and What I Found There

Twitter 

Business is always the future and forefront of society, without business the world would not run.

  Bloomberg Business (@business) 

Bloomberg Business. "Logo" 5/2/2015 via Bloomberg Business.

"The first word in business news." Bloomberg Business is a financial company and media outlet that primarily specializes in business news along with their normal news.



 The Economist (@TheEconomist) 

The Economist. "Logo" 7/18/2009 via The Economist 


"The Economist offers authoritative insight and opinion on international news, politics, business, finance, science, technology and the connections between them."







The Bloomberg Business and Economist twitter pages are full of engaging posts which range across the world of business. From politics to finance, they work to inform and promote their articles of their main sites with millions of followers. Currently, the most debated topic is government policy, which holds a direct relationship to the upcoming presidential race that is a heated topic in America. The economist. Both twitter pages are very similar and simply utilize twitter to promote their articles on their websites rather than promote discussion. 

The two most interesting stories I found within the twitter page of Bloomberg Business and The Economist included one regarding tracking suspect's locations in America on The Economist here and a write up on the guys who developed a search engine for GIFs known as Giphy here. I found these topics interesting because they are relevant to me. Rather than being about politics or fiscal policy, the Giphy article was about searching GIFs, which interested me because I spend a considerable amount of time looking at GIFs on reddit anyways. The other article regarding tracking suspects is relevant to me because peoples' rights are important to me and cyber monitoring is something I care deeply enough to even mask my ip and identity on the internet. 

The impression that I got from these twitter feeds on my discipline is that my career will be very serious and professional, something I am excited for. The people in the feeds are talking like I would expect for politics and finance, very concise, professional, and to better themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment