Sunday, January 31, 2016

Reddit and What I Found There

The Front Page of the Internet 

Blue, Eva. "Reddit Sticker" 10/22/2010 via flickr. 

Entrepreneur Subreddit

People within the entrepreneur subreddit commonly seem to be discussing entrepreneurship as a whole and how to go about creating a new company or building upon a company that an individual has already established. This subreddit is an extremely helpful community full of advice and guides to becoming a successful entrepreneur and creating your own working company. Some things I see range from advice on how to step away when you are frustrating to step by step guides for starting a company.

The two most interesting discussions that I found in the entrepreneur subreddit is how people relax when their own company is stressing them out, which can be found here and "How to Wake up at 5AM and Build Your Startup". I found these threads interesting because while reading through the comments, I learned that everyone is unique. The first comment is discussion how some people go to the gym or do their hobbies while others use alcohol and pot to calm down and relieve stress after managing their business. It was also interesting how many people that commented say that they turn to marijuana or alcohol and simply enjoy themselves. Additionally it was comforting to see someone took the time to assist others like in the guide to building a startup. 

Overall, I am very satisfied with this subreddit and aiding my in my discipline. One of the things I saw happening that makes Reddit unique is the contribution that the community makes on every posts. Through this collaboration and commenting, users are enriched by others and create lively discussion. People talk in a very casual setting as if I have known them on a personal level for quite some time, which makes it relaxed and easy to share ideas. Another important thing is that contributors are likely more experienced than me and possibly work in the same discipline that I am studying. 

Business Subreddit 

The business subreddit is more semiformal theme and relaying news more than most subreddits. People here are discussion news events across the world that relate to business and giving interesting input as to what they would have liked to see or the impacts that each issue makes within the world.

In my opinion, the most two interesting discussions are "Boeing 737 MAX maiden flight a success" and "Project Skybender: Google's secretive 5G internet drone tests revealed". These discussions are interesting to me because they reflect my interests in the business field by relating with new technology. Additionally, the comment threads are full of discussion that are both casual and informative. For example, /u/StockTrendsBot broke down the financials of the plane and the cost development of it. Then on the other hand, /u/Gnutella01 made a quirky joke about how Bruce Dickinson probably flew it.

Overall, the business subreddit is amazingly helpful to my discipline. The business subreddit is a place to find informative articles and news relating to business. Through reading this subreddit I can become seasoned in multiple different topics because business relates to everything. In the business forums people were talking about what I expected and more because often times rants go off to inside jokes and deep discussions about Star Wars, which is interesting to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment